Hi! Thanks for visiting my website.
I love to draw.
I’ve been drawing on bits of things since the invention of the pencil — give or take a year. I hope you can relate to one or more of my narratives. Life can be a solo adventure, but if we find some common ground, we might not feel so alone.
I gravitate toward the funny side of life because being able to laugh with yourself, at yourself, is a key to sanity.
Official Bio + More Information
Joni Taylor is an artist / illustrator / writer, whose work is deeply informed by the eclectic influences of MAD Magazine (from the 70s, now known as Classic Mad), SNL (Roseanne Roseannadanna), the chaotic satirical work of Ralph Steadman, and the dynamic duo of Roald Dahl — whose characters and plots are always a little on the naughty side, and Quentin Blake — whose illustrations are decidedly quirky.
Passionate about the plight of the underdog (takes one to know one), Joni’s subjects are those who are unknown and unseen yet have incredible amounts to offer. From feminism to ageism and global warming, Joni feels strongly about setting the record straight — even if it’s just in her own mind. Her work is imbued with her own hyperbolic sense of what’s funny and what’s possible to get away with.
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design — Master of Applied Arts, 2017
- EmilyCarr University of Art + Design — Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2014
- Camosun College, Victoria, BC — Visual Arts Diploma, 2005
- BC Arts Council Award 2015/2016
- University Women’s Club of Vancouver Scholarship, 2013
- Gwynand Aileen Gunn Bursary, 2013
- SimonChang Award, 2013 and 2012
- Gordon and MarionSmith Scholarship, 2013 and 2012